Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Order of Death

It's a full moon tonight as I drove home from a gathering in Corvallis to celebrate the monthly event. Tired, a little mentally overloaded from the week, I turned onto Harrison Boulevard and hit play on my stereo. The track "The Order of Death" by Public Image Ltd. came on, and I found myself almost slipping into a transcendental meditative state as the lyrics repeated in my head......."This is what you want, this is what you get"........ My thoughts cleared, my senses almost felt heightened, as the road and fields were bathed in the pale glow of the full moon......"This is what you want, this is what you get"......

It seemed as though the song wouldn't end, it continued to play as the mantra of the lyrics continued to loop as the only thoughts in my head. If you think about it, it is very true. We go through our lives "wanting". We always want something, love, happiness, material possessions, or money. We want peace of mind, or we want power and prestige. What we get may be radically different, or it may corrupt us spiritually and harm us physically. I don't need more material possessions, but there is always things I want. I want happiness, and a satisfaction for doing what I can to help others, I want to be able to give and receive love and affection. I still wish upon stars, but not for "stuff". Immature? Maybe, but it keeps a spark of hope alive for spiritual needs. "This is what you want, this is what you get".............

Strange when peace comes over you, that you understand that most of your life is beyond your control.

No comments:

Post a Comment